9.28.2006

Charticle

Shannon Webb-Campbell opens her piece on Jill Barber with some words about the movie. It's weird to be on the quoted side of things, having been the quotee for so long. It's all good until I start talking about why I cast her..."Jill has, like, a great face? And cool clothes. And you know, whatever..."

From Shannon's great piece on ChartAttack.com:

Apparently Brian Borcherdt isn't the only person dumbstruck by Jill Barber. The Halifax-based songbird made her on-screen debut at this year's Atlantic Film Festival in director Tara Thorne's short film about adoration, I Said The Loud Part Quiet And The Quiet Part Loud.

"It's a very whimsical short film," says Barber, over coffee at the bookish Trident Cafe in Halifax. "It was really cool to be a part of it. I don't know how I felt about being Brian's object of affection. I mean, I was acting, you know?"

Barber portrayed Borcherdt's mute all-consuming infatuation, as scenes illustrate the scruffy rocker falling off his chair without any prompting by merely thinking of her. Snippets of Barber's physique frame various shots.

"I did want to write something for Brian, and I was trying to figure out who the girl should be, and I knew it would just be chunks of her," says Thorne. "Then I thought, is that anti-feminist? You know, like Hustler or something, where they cut the heads off the women? Is that bad? I thought, nah, it's not sexualized, it's just arty. Jill was the first person I thought of. She has a really great face and she dresses very nicely. She's not trendy, but she always looks really great."





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?